Use this form to make nominations for the election of officers and members of the Management Committee. The election of officers is conducted at the Annual General Meeting of the Shed, usually held in March.
The Shed Rules (Constitution) states as follows:
50. Nominations of candidates for election as members of the Management Committee:
(a) must be made in writing, signed by 2 members of the Shed and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of the nomination), and
(b) must be delivered to the Secretary of the Shed prior to the commencement of the annual general meeting at which the election is to take place.
51. If insufficient nominations are received to fill all vacancies on the Management Committee, the candidates nominated are taken to be elected and further nominations are to be received at the annual general meeting.
52. If insufficient further nominations are received, any vacant positions remaining on the Management Committee are taken to be casual vacancies.
53. If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, the persons nominated are taken to be elected.
54. If the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot is to be held.
55. The ballot for the election of Committee members is to be conducted at the annual general meeting in such usual and proper manner as the Management Committee may direct.