Shed operations restricted following accident
10 April 2019
- Great news today, our injured members is home from hospital. he still has a way to go in his recovery, but at least in the comfort of his own home.
- The Shed is operating well in the rear section of the building. It just goes to show that the Men's Shed is far more than a shared workshop. The Treasurer had trouble getting his job done because there was too many distracting chats going on.
3 April 2019
- The Shed will resume operations on Thursday 4 April. Operations will be limited to the rear section of the building.
- We will have use of the kitchen, computer facilities and the 'quiet room'.
- The workshop area will be not operating and will be off-limits until the building repairs are completed. This is a requirement of the Council and the building contractor and is for the safety of the Shed members and the workers doing the repair work.
- Access to the Shed building will be through the rear of the building and the side door will remain locked.
- Members and guests are requested to use the Showground parking area, which is accessed from Woodlands Road. Walk below the grandstand and then up the hill to the back of the Shed building.
- The Shed will open at the normal time, but may close earlier than normal.
28 March 2019
- On Wednesday 20 March 2019 a motor vehicle incident occurred at the Katoomba Men's Shed (KMS).
- The incident involved a member and his vehicle.
- Our member was injured and is recovering in hospital.
- KMS thanks the emergency services for their prompt attendance and their care for our member
- Due to damage to the building the Shed will be closed until the necessary safety and insurance inspections are completed.
- The building will require repair, but we hope to be able to resume limited operations while the repairs take place. Further closures may be required at critical stages of the repairs.
- KMS thanks the Blue Mountains City Council for their prompt action in securing the building and their ongoing cooperation in planning repairs.
- Some workshop equipment and internal fittings have been damaged, but we will not know the full extent of the damage until we have access to the building. It is reasonable to expect that workshop operations may be affected for some time.
- We are planning to have a member function in the next week to better inform members on the situation and allow them to ask questions.
KMS Management Committee