Why do men join the Shed?
There are many reasons that men choose to join the Katoomba Men's Shed:
- Some men like to share the company of other men. The Shed is the main social activity outside the home for a number of members, while others participate on other community organisations as well as the Men's Shed.
- Some men join to follow a specific interest, such as computing, woodwork, metalwork or electronics.
- Some men like to just come in for a yarn to the other members.
- Some men join just to get access to specific workshop equipment for their own projects. These members tend to attend only when they need to use the equipment.
- Some men are actively involved in managing and running the Shed. There are a lot of things that need to be done behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly.
- Some men join for one reason and later become more heavily involved.